QUALITY ENGINEER PLASTICS PRODUCTION
- Key Customer liaison communicating responses for quality concerns including root cause analysis and effective counter measure implementation (travel to customer sites will be required)
- Control Plan (PQCT), FMEA and Process Flow development and documentation to support the Control Plan including check sheets, test procedures, data record sheets etc.
- Part validation and test plans
- Part requirement clarification (appearance, fit to vehicle, performance, etc.)
- Completion or outsourcing of testing to support program timelines
- Submissions for appearance, IMDS, DVP&R, NMRs, etc. as needed
- Completion and analysis of test requirements
- Process audits at all pre-production run/builds
- Verification of operator training and compliance to work instructions at all pre-production runs/builds
- Run at Rate participation and evaluation
- Reviewing and approving all related supplier part submissions/NMRs (New Model Reviews)
- Communication of performance or functional failures to production and Program Management as needed
- Updating documentation related to checks or process/part changes
- Development of operator work instructions/ training aids
- Continuous improvement activity involvement at the discretion of the Quality Manager
- Involvement in problem solving related to customer issues and concerns
- Train Quality Technicians on proper inspection techniques, record completion and other training areas.
- Ensure personal and associate awareness and understanding of ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 (includes ISO 9001) Standards, and company policies and procedures.
- During management system audit events provide evidence in support of conformance with applicable standards and procedures, and participate in corrective action activities as necessary.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR DESIGNATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A post secondary education in manufacturing or business, or equivalent
- Preference will be give to candidates who hold certification CQE designation
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressive experience in a high volume automotive Quality role
- Must have good communication skills, both written & verbal
- Familiar with Quality Management System and Standards (TS 16949, ISO-14001, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, MSA, ISO 9000)
- Strong business acumen with good understanding of customer measurables
- Ability to travel through the US and Canada on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-tasked environment.
CALL Darlene Guenot at 519-979-6026
Referral fee available –Do you know of someone that you can refer?