Quality Vendor Specialist, Food
Reporting to the Director of Quality and ORM, the Vendor Quality Specialist will be responsible to:
- Support New Product Development and Procurement teams through the evaluation and approval of raw material vendors
- Participate in the assessment of raw material risks and identification of controls to mitigate risk
- Work with Operations, Factory QA and Vendors to manage Supplier Corrective Action Requests through to closure
- Participate in audits of vendors as necessary
- Manage verification of incoming material quality through coordination of CofA review and material testing programs
- University Degree in Science related field with some food industry experience. Must have sufficient knowledge to identify risks associated with ingredients and processing.
- Knowledge of food industry quality systems (GFSI, HACCP, CFIA, FDA, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Team player
Referral fee available –Do you know of someone that you can refer?
PLEASE CONTACT DARLENE GUENOT AT 519-979-6026 DAY OR EVENING